Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. This is not qualified medical advice.
I am an amateur. This is a biological hack-in-progress.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

What did I just say?

Looks like I'm not the only one who's got concerns about excessive antioxidant loading. I'll probably still take antioxidants, just not megadoses of them.

Fooling around a bit with the blog layout. More links added to the sidebar, including a rough draft of the cyclic telomerase activation plan I'll be following.

I'm starting to see some problems with the dietary portion of this plan. Whole grains, many seeds, and dairy, for example, contain acetyl-l-carnitine (in the telomerase-on phase) and vitamin E (in the telomerase-off phase). So...both? Neither?

I may need to research and collate the following:

- degree of effect of target nutrients/substances on telomerase activation/suppression
- concentration of target nutrients/substances from various foods
- bioavailability of target nutrients/substances when ingested

From there, I should be able to build more comprehensive information about what foods are phase-neutral or should be restricted to one of the two phases.

Strangely, it looks like my previous research into protein combining and the chemical food-pairing aspects of molecular gastronomy will be useful.

Subjectively, I'm feeling pretty good physically. Possibly better than I've felt in a couple of years. Not so much massively energetic, just...capable, if that were a bodily feeling. It's probably too early for my (incomplete) implementation of the CTA protocol to be having an actual youthening effect, so I'm blaming the reishi for now. Seriously craving tuna and tomato, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment