Disclaimer

I am not a doctor. This is not qualified medical advice.
I am an amateur. This is a biological hack-in-progress.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Protocol Notes

I will be coming up with my own variant of the Green protocol, based on local availability of supplements and any other factors my own research turns up. Such as...

- A "telomerase-off" phase is clearly necessary to balance the "telomerase-on" phase, in order to reduce the impact of cells manifesting the runaway-replication aspect of cancerous behaviour. Cancer is likely to be the result of two simultaneous processes: runaway replication and extended Hayflick limit (as described here). Many foods are proclaimed as being "cancer-fighting"; I should try to examine how these purported anti-cancer properties work. If certain foods fight cancer due to suppression of telomerase expression, they may need to be added to the list of things to avoid during the "telomerase-on" phase (and consume more of during "telomerase-off").
- Foods in the opposite category will likely be a much shorter list. Foods and substances which reduce fertility and immune system adaptability (two areas where mature humans continue to express telomerase in their cells) might be somewhere to start looking for telomerase-suppressing foods and substances. Must use caution, of course - it won't matter how young I feel if the common cold can strike me dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment